Blog Post #2 - Camera Shots - 9/1/2022
Earlier this week, me & a partner worked on a short project in our schools courtyard on where we’d film camera shots & camera angles with our phones. That’s what this blog post is gonna be revolved around!
For our establishing shot, we got out in front of the stairs & my partner went in front of where the establishing shot was filmed. I first had focused on the building where he was standing at & then went below a bit to focus on him to show both the location & the person at that location for the viewers to know. It wasn’t that difficult to film & I believe that did a good job at fufilling the purpose of what an Establishing Shot is essentially meant to be.
For our close up shot, it was easier to film. My partner stood at a short distance away from me & filmed only my head & the upper portion of my body & had zoomed in while doing so. I believe that it was filmed greatly & had definitely fulfilled the purpose of a close up shot.
For the low angle shot, we wanted to give power to stand object. This object is a flag which represents what day is currently it is at our school. If it’s silver then it’s a silver day & if it’s black then it’s a black day. I began filming at the very bottom of the pole of the flog & slowly made my way up to show the flag in it’s entirety to show how much dominance it had. Easy to film but also difficult since I had to remain crouched all the time.
For our overhead angle, we also wanted to essentially show something that was occurring at the bottom. There we find a little weed in the middle of the massive courtyard with multiple ants surround it. With that we wanted to show as well how weak & little an ant can be towards humans.
Overall this was a pretty fun project to film. It was so nice to finally attempt & create camera shots & camera angles of our own within our own school grounds. My partner for this little short project was also super good, extremely cooperative & I had so much fun speaking with him. I loved how all of the camera shots came out & I wouldn’t mind if we did another! Thank you for reading this blog post!
- Arturo Fonseca
Hi Arturo, I love your camera shot and angles! I especially love the establishing shot as it perfectly captured your school's courtyard.
ReplyDeleteThese shots are pretty good
ReplyDeleteThese were all nice shots. My favorite was the extreme close up shot, there was like sooo much emotion put into that, and you could clearly see the emotions expressed. The only one ill criticize although it was alright was the Establishing shot, I feel that you could've found a much cooler location and a much cooler/creative way of starting the shot, the others were all good as well.
ReplyDelete