Blog Post #4 - Camera Shots & Camera Movements in The Dark Knight! - 9/20/2021

For this blog post, I watched a movie & took notes of the various camera shots & movements that I saw in the film during me watching. The movie of my choosing was the Dark Knight that came out in 2008. There were tons of camera shots & camera movements in the movie, especially in one of my favorite scenes of the movie, todays blog post is gonna be revolved around the different shots and movements I saw in the movie.

During the batman's interrogation of the joker, a medium close up & a normal close up are both used as well as a pan in an attempt to focus into the conversation currently going on between the two. It emphasizes Batman's strength & anger in the scene but also emphasizes the jokers manipulation & how even chained, still has the upper hand.

During this scene, the Joker is essentially begging for batman to hit him with his motorbike. A low angle is essentially used to highlight the intimidating factor of the joker as well as the threatening & creepy factor, emphasizing his faee as well a close up shot to determine how the Joker is angry of losing their first battle.

For this scene, the author uses a wide shot & a medium close up. The Author uses the wide shot to emphasize what exactly the Batman failed to accomplish & showing the destruction he wasn't able to prevent as well as the death. It also uses a medium close up to show the current mood he is in, which is mourning & sadness, as his best friend has just been killed.

I really loved rewatching this movie again, it's probably one of, if not, my favorite movie of all time. Heath Ledger as Joker is legendary & I'd probably watch this movie a thousand times more this year if I wanted to. It's filled with so many camera shots & camera movements & the overall cinematography and soundtrack and acting. It's just all impeccable. Anyways, see y'all later!
Comments
Post a Comment