Blog Post #3 - Reviewing Camera Shots! - 9/13/2021
Reviewing Camera Shots, 9/13/2021
Now while looking at other peoples camera shots, comparing & contrasting them all to mines while trying to see if theirs was better than mines. I liked many of the ones I saw but there were certainly two that I really thought were better than the others. On todays blog post I'll be sharing those two specific camera shots with you!
The first camera shot I really liked was from the blog How I Survived Media Studies, the shot featured in the blog that was a personal favorite of mines was an overhead shot. It features an unlit candle but then a lighter slowly makes its way onto the screen & begins to slowly light up the dark candle. Going from a contrast of darkness to pure light. What I liked about this extreme close up was the high amount of detail focused onto the candle & just the pure, utter, satisfaction that I had felt as the candle was getting lit up. I always love the nice smell of candles that they emit whenever they're lit up & it always makes me happy having the smell spread throughout the house. The Filming overall was super good.
The second camera shot I really liked was from the blog The Adventures of MediaStudies, the shot featured in this blog that I thought was really good was a point of view shot. It shows a hand & part of a figure climbing up the staircase of a school. What I liked so much about this shot was the extreme detail on the staircase as well how good you can see the stair handles not to mention that it was greatly filmed like a point of view shot to make it seem like someone was behind that person, which they weren't, or were they? It also fulfilled the purpose of a point of view shot, following another from ones perspective. The Filming was also super good for the position that it was filmed in and also what was meant to be filmed.
Now for a comparison! I'll compare my overhead shot with the opposing overhead shot. For starters I believe that one thing an overhead shot is meant to do is to focus on the detail of what exactly the person filming wants for those watching to see. My Overhead shot contained me filming a little weed of grass in a courtyard surrounded by a few ants here & there. I believe that I should've zoomed in way more in order to show the viewers exactly what they want to see. The Opposing shot essentially shows the full figure & detail of the candle as well as having an action be performed during said filming, I feel like I should've added a little more life to mines which would've made it better. Overall however, I feel like mines was good but major room for improvement, like really major.
Hope you all enjoyed this post, and I hope those of you that are reading check the blogs & the shots that I had mentioned. I'm super sure y'all are gonna enjoy it just as much as I did!
Comments
Post a Comment